Product Description :
Proprietary resin solution comprising modified siloxane based polymers which crosslink and form a release film upon evaporation of the solvent carrier.
Proprietary resin solution in a solvent blend.
- Moisture Sensitive. Keep Tightly Sealed.
- Minimize exposure to atmosphere.
- Do not return exposed material to can.
- Store above freezing and below 1000F / 380C.
Do Not Dilute
- Superior Gloss.
- Self Cleaning.
- Wipe on/wipe off release (Class “A” finish)
- Wipe on and let dry (lower gloss finish)
- No Aromatic Solvents!
- HAPs free!
All molding operations requiring a “Class A” finish.
|Color||Colorless - straw|
|Flash Point||<73 F / <230C (C.O.C)|
|Shelf Life||12 months in original unopened container|
Mold surfaces should be clean and free of previously used mold releases and other surface contaminants.
New & Green Molds, or difficult release:
Application of 2-4 coats of XTEND XTR mold sealer is recommended prior to application of XTEND 832.
Apply 3-4 coats of XTEND 832 allowing approximately 15-20 minutes between each coat. Longer cure times between each coat and after the last coat is desirable.
New molds or porous surfaces may require additional coats.
NOTE: Best gloss is achieved by wipe on/wipe off application. If lower gloss is acceptable, this release can be wiped on and simply allowed to dry.
- Apply to ambient temperature molds by wiping with a clean, woven, paper cloth such as the Scott Shop Towels On A Roll, Kimberly-Clark WorkHorse rags or WypAll wipes, or a heavy-duty plain white paper towel.
- Work in patches, applying a smooth, continuous light film over an area approximately 4'-6' (1.5-3m) square, or a size that you can conveniently wipe before it dries. DO NOT OVER APPLY.
- As the release starts to flash off (on average 30 seconds to 1 minute), use a clean, dry cotton cloth to polish the surface using a circular motion. Turn the cloth as necessary.
NOTE: If you begin to polish and find that you are creating nothing but additional streaks and smudges, you have probably begun to polish too soon – simply wait a bit longer and polish again.
- If any streaks remain after polishing the entire surface, simply use a paper cloth that is barely wet with release to wipe that area vigorously and then immediately polish with a cotton cloth.
30 minutes cure time after the final coat is applied is generally adequate. Once again, the longer you wait, the better.
To maximize productivity, a break-in procedure can be beneficial. A good method is to apply a light re-wipe of release to the mold surface following the first pull, another after the third, and another after the fifth part. It is also a good idea to do more frequent touch ups on sheer edges, radius areas, and high wear sections. This will improve release performance and provide the best protection for your tool.
If sticking begins: Wipe the problem area of the mold with XTEND 830 to dissolve and remove residue. Continue molding.
If build up persists: Rub dirty areas with AXEL’s CX-500 cleaner and wipe off with a clean dry cloth. Follow cleaning by wiping on 1 or more coats of XTEND 830, waiting 10 minutes between each coat. Tape test to assure that the mold has been restored to good condition.
In extreme scumming conditions (usually associated with closed molding applications): Strip the tool with CX-525 (a cleaner especially formulated to remove styrene build up), CX-200HS stripper, or by buffing the tool. This will remove all scumming, buildup and the release. It will also condition the mold for break-in. Start from step 1 to recondition the mold.
Use CX-200HS, followed by a water wipe and a good general purpose cleaner, such as AXEL’s CX-500.
* Due to the unique properties of this material, we require a clean closed application container. The container we find best suited, is a HDPE bottle with a shampoo squeeze style cap, where only a small amount of air is transferred. Gallons should be transferred into the type of container described above. At your request we can supply a sample and source. Drum quantity customers are required to use a desiccant drier attachment to assure proper release performance.
XTEND is a registered trademark of Axel Plastics Research Laboratories, Inc.
This information is supplied for technically skilled professionals working at their own risk. AXEL believes the information to be accurate, although the Company assumes no liability in the validity of this information for any specific process or application. Moreover, AXEL will assume no liability from any direct and/or consequential damages of any kind that may arise from the use or non use of AXEL products or information supplied by the Company or its appointed representatives.